Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nicole Kidman shares about 'Paperboy' standing ovation at Cannes

While Nicole Kidman has received varied reactions to her films at the Cannes Film
La moda se prepara ya para Cannes, y lo de Harper´s Bazaar es... on Twitpic
Festival, and her fifth appearance there was noteworthy. The Hollywood Reporter quoted Kidman saying, "We got an amazing standing ovation, which was great. This is my fifth time [at Cannes], so I've had many, many, many different reactions. That's the longest standing 'O' I've ever gotten at Cannes." The standing ovation for The Paperboy allegedly lasted for 15 minutes, moving co-star Zac Efron and director Lee Daniels to tears. Kidman, however, remained composed. "Lee was crying, but I wasn't crying. I cry at my kids, I cry with my family, I don't really cry outside of that — that's the stuff that brings me to tears! All of this other stuff, the glitter, and those sort of things, I'm more sort of immune to at this stage. It's probably because I've been doing it for so long." The film didn't win any awards or nominations at the festival, but it was nevertheless warmly received. Paperboy is about a reporter, played by Matthew McConaughey, who suspects a mis-carriage of justice in the murder of a small town cop. Kidman plays his wife, and Efron plays McConaughey's little brother.
Hermes Evelyne white 6309 PM handbag

Hermes Evelyne white 6309 PM handbag $159

No comments:

Post a Comment